March 30, 2011
As long as you drive a vehicle or share the road in Indiana, you are at risk of suffering serious injuries or death in a traffic accident. A closer look at these statistics reveals the dangers motorists and pedestrians alike face in our state everyday.
Consider these 2009 Indiana traffic accident statistics from the Indiana State Police:
- 189,676 collisions resulted in property damage or injuries.
- The most collisions occurred in January (20,230).
- 631 collisions resulted in 692 fatalities.
- 46,590 people were injured or possibly injured in traffic accidents.
- Speeding was a factor in 18,252 collisions.
- Speeding was a factor in 136 fatal collisions.
- Alcohol was a factor in 8,855 accidents.
- Alcohol was a factor in 24.9% of fatal accidents, or 157.
- 471 fatalities occurred on rural land.
- 4 per 10,000 licensed drivers in the 16-17 age group were involved in fatal accidents.
- 7 pedalcyclists and 55 pedestrians were killed in collisions.
- 48% of fatality victims were wearing seat belts.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious accident in Indianapolis, you should consult with an Indianapolis traffic accident attorney. You might be entitled to file a personal injury claim to recover damages such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages or wrongful death benefits if you’ve lost a loved one.
A Helping Hand from an Indianapolis Accident Lawyer
When you have complications with your personal injury claim, an Indianapolis accident lawyer can help you to alleviate some of the stress and anxiety associated with filing a claim. In order to get back on track with your personal injury claim, download a copy of our FREE book, Consumer’s Guide for Injured Victims, and then contact a personal injury attorney at Hensley Legal Group for a no-cost consultation.