August 16, 2011
While only a small number of back injuries or back pain complications after an accident in Indiana require surgical intervention, there is a variety of different types of procedures, depending on the nature, location and severity of the injury or source of pain. A lawyer in Indiana can help you with an accident claim to recover the cost of treatment you need after someone else causes an accident.
Some surgical procedures for back injury include:
- Endoscopic surgery – In this procedure, a tiny incision is made, and an endoscope with a small video camera attached to it is used to help the surgeon determine the best course of treatment for pinched nerves, joint stabilization and spinal fusion procedures. It can range from $6,000 to $8,000.
- Spinal fusion – Also called spondylodesis surgery, this procedure removes pressure from sensitive nerves by removing problematic spinal disk or bones and fusing together the remaining vertebrae so that it’s stable. This surgery costs between $12,000 and $15,000, and the removal of bone material itself can cost up to $3,000.
- Vertebroplasty – In this treatment, a compound of bone cement is injected into vertebrae to repair damages. This surgery can cost about $2,500.
- Kyphoplasty – similar to a vertebroplasty, except a device expands the vertebrae before the bone cement is used. This costs about $14,000.
- Laminectomy – This removes bone laying on the spinal canal, reducing pressure on nerve roots and costs about $85,000.
The high cost of back surgery should not prevent you from getting the treatment you need if someone else was responsible for the accident in Indiana that caused your injury. Speak with an injury lawyer in Indiana who can answer your questions and defend your rights against the insurance companies.
A Helping Hand from an Injury Lawyer in Indiana
When you have complications with your personal injury claim, a lawyer in Indiana help you to alleviate some of the stress and anxiety associated with filing a claim. In order to get back on track with your personal injury claim, download a copy of our FREE book, Consumer’s Guide for Injured Victims, and then contact a personal injury attorney at Hensley Legal Group for a no-cost consultation.