August 11, 2011
If you are an Indiana resident applying for Social Security disability, you should be aware that this can be a time-consuming and complicated process. Knowing what to expect and how to be prepared is best done with the help of an Indiana Social Security lawyer.
A lawyer can explain the types of evidence you will need, which paperwork and forms need to be completed, and the time frame in which all of this must be done.
Five Forms of Proof
There are 5 forms of proof that may be necessary to start your Indiana Social Security disability application, including:
- Birth certificate or naturalization papers
- Military discharge papers
- Social Security Adult Disability Report (describes your medical condition)
- Authorization to Disclose Information (this authorizes disclosure of your medical information to Social Security Administration)
- Self-employment tax returns and/or W-2 forms from last year
Having the right forms is just one component of being prepared. The claims process will require much more information, which an Indiana Social Security lawyer can help you with.
A Helping Hand from an Indiana Social Security Lawyer
When you have complications with your Social Security disability benefits claim, the help of an Indiana Social Security lawyer is crucial to getting the assistance you need. In order to get back on track with your Social Security benefits claim, order a copy of our complimentary book, 8 Mistakes to Avoid When Filing for Social Security Disability Benefits, then contact a Social Security lawyer at Hensley Legal Group for a no-cost consultation.