When a serious car accident in Indianapolis leads to post-accident anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD,) psychotherapy can help with recovery. If you’re suffering from anxiety after a serious car accident, you’ll want to work closely with health care professionals, as well as an Indianapolis car accident lawyer who can handle the legal side.
Symptoms of PTSD
PTSD is a condition that can be caused by a serious car accident in Indianapolis. Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder is characterized by:
- Panic attacks
- Repeated thoughts about the accident
- Paranoia, fears, and phobias
- Problems with daily living
- Thoughts of suicide
Types of Psychotherapy to Treat Post-Accident Anxiety
Psychotherapy, performed by mental health professionals, can help victims deal with their anxiety after a serious car accident.
There are many options for someone interested in psychotherapy:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – helps people change the thought patterns that prevent them from moving past their anxiety.
- Exposure Therapy – patients confront their memories about the car accident.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy – patients work to process their emotions surrounding the accident.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing – involves the therapist waving a hand in front of patients, which they follow with their eyes, helping memories process and reducing associated negative emotions.
Your anxiety after your accident is considered part of your damages that can be taken into consideration on you claim. Speak to an Indianapolis car accident lawyer about how you can recover financial compensation.
Helping Hand from an Indianapolis Car Accident Attorney
When you have complications with your personal injury claim, Indianapolis car accident attorney can help you to alleviate some of the stress and anxiety associated with filing a claim. In order to get back on track with your personal injury claim, order a copy of our FREE book, Consumer’s Guide for Injured Victims, and then contact a personal injury attorney at Hensley Legal Group for a no-cost consultation.