Did you know there are more than 15,000 attorneys registered in the state of Indiana? Not all of them have your best interests in mind. When you’re recovering from a slip and fall accident, you need a premises liability attorney you can trust.
Here at Hensley Legal Group, we want to make a difference. We treat our clients like we would treat our family and have over 20 years experience fighting for the rights of injured Hoosiers. Call ## for your free case evaluation and to learn how our attorneys can make a world of difference.
How Property Owners Can Prevent Greenwood Slip and Fall Accidents
Indiana premises liability law refers to the duty of property owners to others. Property owners have a responsibility to keep their property as safe as possible.
Premises liability covers more than just slips, trips, and falls. Property owners are responsible for any and all injuries that happen on their property. This could include falling ceilings, dog bites, inadequate security, and more.
Whenever a property owner notices a hazardous situation, they must do whatever it takes to reduce the risk of premises liability accidents. These measures include:
- Cleaning up spills immediately
- Avoiding slippery floors by removing ice, grease, or other materials
- Placing signs or cones on the property to warn people about hazards
- Repairing loose or wrinkled carpeting and secure rugs
- Training employees on safety guidelines around heights and heavy equipment
- Fix inadequate lighting issues
- Keep the property neat and clean, especially pathways
Did you know that falls are the third-leading cause of fatalities in Indiana? In a year, there are about 557 deaths from falls. Eliminating hazards is absolutely essential to providing a safe environment. To prevent falls, owners must:
- Install handrails on stairs, regularly checking and repairing any that are loose or broken
- Repair crumbling or unsteady steps
- Install railings around high areas
- Require employees to wear shoes with non-slip soles
Property owners have a legal responsibility to keep conditions safe. If their carelessness caused your accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Trust the lawyers at Hensley Legal Group to protect your rights. There is no charge just for consulting with us, so why wait? Contact us right away and see what we can do for you.
You can schedule a free home or virtual legal consultation with Hensley Legal Group today. Call (317) 204-8355 to chat with our attorneys. Let’s get started on your case.