After a bike accident in Indianapolis you may suffer from injuries. The types of injury that you may suffer vary, depending on the specific conditions of your accident, which include the rate of speed you were traveling, the speed and size of the other vehicle as well as your physical health. If you have questions regarding the claim process, consider consulting with an Indiana accident lawyer.
The types of injuries suffered after a bike accident in Indianapolis include:
- Head injuries – In worst-case scenarios you could sustain permanent brain damage, whether you were wearing a helmet or not.
- Neck and/or back injuries – These types of injuries may result in lifelong or permanent pain and damage.
- Broken bones – Cyclists have many regions of the body exposed to injury in the event of an accident.
- Road rash – You may sustain serious scrapes and possible burns from the road (similar to rug burns) that could permanently scar you or be susceptible to infection.
- Knee and/or shoulder injuries – Joint injuries often result in limited range of motion or permanent scars in addition to lifelong pain.
- Nerve damage – some of the previously mentioned injuries could result in nerve damage that may warrant surgery.
It is in your best interest to consult with an Indianapolis, Indiana lawyer to assist you in compiling your personal injury claim. The process can often be stressful and overwhelming, and your lawyer can help alleviate some of the stress for you and your loved ones.
A Helping Hand from an Indiana Accident Lawyer
When you have complications with your personal injury claim, an Indianapolis accident lawyer can help you to alleviate some of the stress and anxiety associated with filing a claim. In order to get back on track with your personal injury claim, order a copy of our FREE book, Consumer’s Guide for Injured Victims, and then contact a personal injury attorney at Hensley Legal Group for a no-cost consultation.