August 8, 2011
A truck accident in Indianapolis can cause considerably more damage than a crash between 2 standard passenger cars. Considering that a fully loaded truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, it’s not difficult to imagine why. Cars involved in truck collisions often sustain significant damage, and injuries are often severe, if not permanently disabling or fatal. If you’ve been injured, speak with a lawyer at an Indiana law firm immediately.
Common Causes of a Commercial Truck Accident in Indianapolis
- Inclement or adverse weather conditions
- Road hazards
- Inexperienced truck drivers
- Mechanical complications
- Improperly or too heavily loaded cargo, which can cause rollovers on ramps
- Distractions in the truck cab
- Excessive speed or aggressive handling
- Fatigued truck drivers
- When other vehicles drive in the blind spots or no-zones (the area directly behind the tractor trailer) of a commercial truck
- When truckers drive under the influence
If you have been injured in a commercial truck accident in Indianapolis, contact an attorney from an Indiana law firm who can begin the investigation into the circumstances of the truck accident that caused your injuries. If the truck driver or company that owned the truck is found negligible, you can recover compensation for your injuries.
A Helping Hand from an Indianapolis Law Firm
When you have complications with your personal injury claim after an accident in Indianapolis, an Indianapolis law firm can help you to alleviate some of the stress and anxiety associated with filing a claim. In order to get back on track with your personal injury claim, order a copy of our FREE book, Consumer’s Guide for Injured Victims, and then contact a personal injury attorney at the Hensley Legal Group for a no-cost consultation.