Was Your Motorcycle Crash Caused by Poorly Maintained Roads?
When a driver causes a motorcycle accident because of negligent behavior, like ignoring a stop sign or following too closely, it is pretty obvious who is at fault. But other drivers are not the only reason motorcycles crash.
Poorly maintained roads are dangerous for motorcyclists. Potholes, uneven lanes, and slippery debris like gravel and sand might not be a problem for cars and SUVs, but they can be deadly for bikers. All it takes is one tiny pothole to send a biker flying over their handlebars.
If you were a victim of a motorcycle accident caused by poorly maintained roadways, it may not be obvious who is at fault. Local and state governments are responsible for maintaining the roadways: if they knew about the road’s poor condition or were not keeping up with regular maintenance, they could be liable for your accident. Construction companies and contractors could also share liability depending on the circumstances of your case.
Filing a claim against a government entity is complex. Municipalities are often protected by immunity laws and have different filing deadlines. A lawsuit can help you get your hands on the paper trail exposing other liable parties, but you may not know what to look for or how to even find it.
This is exactly why a motorcycle accident attorney from Hensley Legal Group can help. Our trial lawyers have decades of courtroom experience under their belts, and can help you pursue a case against liable government agencies. We don’t get paid unless we win your case for you.
The Compensation You Deserve
You only get one chance to settle your personal injury claim. Insurance likes to offer just enough to cover your existing medical bills. It sounds like a great deal: you get money to pay healthcare costs, and you don’t have to deal with insurance any more.
But if you develop complications from your injuries, or you can’t do the same job as before your accident and end up taking a pay cut, that small amount of money isn’t as helpful. And you can’t file for a second settlement.
You deserve fair compensation after an accident that wasn’t your fault. With a personal injury claim, you can recover:
- Property damage: This includes your bike and other items of personal property that were damaged in the accident, like safety gear.
- Lost wages: Healing takes time, especially after a bike accident. You can recover lost wages for the time you took off work due to injuries caused by another person.
- Future wages: If your injuries prevent you from returning to the work you did before the accident, you can seek compensation for those future wages.
- Medical expenses: Serious injuries after a crash lead to serious medical bills. might include bills for medication, hospital stay, and physical therapy.
- Pain and suffering: The distress after a motorcycle accident can be intense. This misery that you can experience can also be compensated for after a motorcycle accident.
Hensley Legal Group is Here to Help the Victims of Indiana Motorcycle Accidents
You shouldn’t have to pay for a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault. If you were injured in a Muncie motorcycle accident, the personal injury attorneys of Hensley Legal Group can help you get the compensation you deserve. Call Hensley Legal Group today or contact us online for a free consultation.