You face many difficulties after an accident with a commercial truck. You need to deal with insurance companies, car repairs, and medical bills related to your injuries. If the semi truck driver is at fault, you have a right to seek compensation for your damages. However, thinking about taking on one more thing may seem overwhelming.
Hiring an experienced truck accident lawyer who understands the ins and outs of the legal system can help protect your rights and improve your chances of a good outcome. However, with medical and automobile bills piling up, can you afford a truck accident attorney?
Accident Attorneys Work on Contingency
Most personal injury and accident lawyers work with clients on a contingency basis. This fee arrangement differs from other types of legal fee schedules and you do not pay your attorney anything unless you receive compensation. In other words, your legal fees are contingent on the outcome of your case.
When you work with Hensley Legal Group, we strive to get the recovery you deserve for your damages. If you receive compensation for your accident expenses (not including property damage), we charge a percentage of your award for our services. If you do not receive payment in your settlement, you owe us nothing. You get risk-free assistance from knowledgeable attorneys with experience handling semi truck accident claims.
Understanding the Process
Your legal claim process begins with a free evaluation of your personal injury case. Call our office during business hours or get in touch with us online to discuss your truck accident for free. We can schedule a phone call or an in-person meeting at a place convenient for you. During our conversation, we will ask about the details of your accident and injuries.
We determine whether you have a case based on the information you provide. You may have sufficient evidence to file a legal claim against the trucking company, the truck driver, the commercial vehicle manufacturer or another involved party.
If we feel you have a right to compensation and can pursue a legal claim, we offer to handle your case on contingency. This arrangement means:
- You do not pay any fees upfront.
- You know you have a claim worth pursuing.
- You receive motivated and invested legal assistance from a team dedicated to proving your damages.
- You pay a percentage of your payout to your lawyer if you recover compensation in your case.
Discussing the Fees
The total cost of hiring a truck accident lawyer depends on the circumstances of your crash and the required legal processes for your case. The percentage you pay may vary depending on the complexity of your claim and any additional expenses, like court filing fees, witness fees and other potential court costs.
Go over the fee details with your lawyer before you sign a contract to ensure you understand how it works, what you will pay and when. Ask questions about any terms you do not understand and clarify the possible fees involved with your case to avoid misunderstandings.
Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help Your Case
While it is encouraging to know you do not have any upfront costs to hire an accident attorney, you may wonder if legal representation is necessary. You can choose to represent yourself. However, truck accidents typically involve complex issues, severe automobile damage, serious injuries and unique liability laws.
Knowing the Benefits
An experienced lawyer who understands the laws, your rights and the legal system can benefit your case in many ways:
- Truck accident lawyers help determine who is at fault in your case.
- Experienced attorneys know how to deal with insurance companies effectively.
- A skilled lawyer knows your rights under the law and can advise you accordingly.
- Accident lawyers can help you gather and document evidence to prove your claim.
- Legal professionals with experience know how to build and present a strong case.
- An attorney knows the required steps and filing deadlines involved in a truck collision case.
Determining the Damages
You may have the right to compensation for several types of damages. When another driver’s negligence causes a crash, you may recover reimbursement for:
- Medical bills resulting from accident injuries.
- Repair costs for property damage to your car.
- Income loss from missed work.
- Cost of reduced earning capacity due to physical injuries.
- Pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death.
Negotiating a Settlement
Our lawyers can help you assess the monetary value of your claim based on the damages stemming from your collision. When you know the amount you deserve to collect, you can correctly evaluate the insurance settlement offers. The first offers are typically relatively low, and an experienced attorney can help negotiate a fair agreement or take your case to court if necessary.
Truck accident cases can involve complex issues. The cause of your accident may include driver negligence, adverse road conditions, faulty mechanical parts, lack of required maintenance or weather conditions. Often, multiple factors contribute to an accident, creating complicated legal issues.
When a crash occurs with commercial vehicles, there are many possible liable parties:
- If driving while intoxicated, speeding or falling asleep cause a wreck, the truck driver may have accountability.
- If the driver was intoxicated while driving, and the driver was furnished an alcoholic beverage by a vendor who has knowledge that the driver was visibly intoxicated at the time the driver was furnished, the vendor may be liable for injuries sustained by anyone hit by the drunk truck driver.
- If the driver works for a trucking corporation, the company may be responsible for your damages.
- If an accident stems from improper truck maintenance, the company or the mechanic may be liable.
- If a faulty part leads to a collision, you may be able to hold the truck’s manufacturer accountable.
- If the truck driver lacks adequate training, the employer may be liable.
Because you may face large corporate insurance companies and legal teams, you want someone with experience to offer sound advice. Additionally, you can improve your chances of a good outcome if you know what kind of proof you need to support your claim and how to obtain it. Legal professionals know how to access things that may help your case, like dashcam videos and truck computer data.
Our Experienced Team Is Here for You
We know you are trying to recover from a serious situation. Dealing with car damage and physical injuries that may be severe or lasting can present many challenges and expenses. Securing fair compensation from insurance companies or filing lawsuits against responsible parties can be complex and overwhelming. You likely do not have experience protecting your rights in a truck accident case, making it challenging to navigate the process.
At Hensley Legal Group, our legal team can make a difference in your life following a collision with a semi truck. Our knowledge and dedication help protect your rights in a personal injury claim. Following your crash, you may want to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. Legal professionals can help ensure you have the information and evidence you need to seek the compensation you deserve.
Working for You
You can start the process risk-free by calling our law firm today. You do not pay any upfront fees since we work on a contingency basis. We will go over the events surrounding your truck accident and provide information about how you should move forward.
Protecting Your Rights
Crashes involving commercial trucks can be devastating. Protecting your rights requires an understanding of personal injury law, truck regulations and the legal system. Contact us today at (317) 779-2699 to ask questions about your accident, your legal options and how we can assist you. We review your case for free, and you are under no obligation to use our services.