When you’re an Indianapolis traffic accident victim, you should gather as much information as you can regarding who was involved, what was the cause, and what were the results of your Indianapolis traffic accident.
The more information and evidence you gather from your Indianapolis traffic accident’s scene for your Indianapolis car accident lawyer , the more successful you’ll be in collecting compensation through your personal injury claim.
Information to Collect After Indianapolis Traffic Accidents
At the scene of the accident, you should:
- Get contact information from everyone involved. This includes all drivers, all passengers, and any witnesses of your Indianapolis traffic accident. Write down phone numbers, addresses, license plate numbers, and insurance information.
- Take notes on the surroundings. This may include conditions of drivers and passengers, vehicles, and/or roads prior to and after your Indianapolis traffic accident.
- Take down the police report or incident number.
- Take pictures of injuries that you’ve sustained from your Indianapolis traffic accident. It’s also important to take pictures of all angles of the scene to help prove the cause of your Indianapolis traffic accident.
- Document any dialogue that occurred after your Indianapolis traffic accident. This may include vulgar language, any admissions of fault, or complaints of injuries.
After you’ve gathered information and evidence, contact an Indianapolis car accident lawyer to review your case. It’s helpful to be honest with your Indianapolis personal injury lawyers when explaining your Indianapolis traffic accident’s story, and give him/her all the evidence from your Indianapolis traffic accident.
A Helping Hand from an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer
When you have complications with your personal injury claim, an Indianapolis car accident lawyer can help alleviate some of the stress and anxiety associated with filing a claim. In order to get back on track with your personal injury claim, download a copy of our FREE book, Consumer’s Guide for Injured Victims, and then contact a personal injury attorney at Hensley Legal Group for a no-cost consultation.