The major drawback to trying to handle an Indianapolis pedestrian accident on your own from the beginning is that insurance adjusters will do all they can to minimize or deny your claim. If you acquire the counsel of an Indiana personal injury attorney, you stand a better chance of maximizing the value of your claim.
An attorney who handles accident claims on a day-to-day basis is aware of the tactics insurance adjusters will use to harm your claim. These tactics include:
- Requesting your complete medical history in an attempt to blame a pre-existing condition for your injuries
- Getting your permission to record your statement and tricking you into saying anything that will damage your claim
- Blaming you for causing your Indianapolis pedestrian accident
- Setting a low reserve of money on your claim
- Withholding information about your insurance coverage
Because a pedestrian accident can lead to devastating injuries such as organ damage, amputations and disfiguring scars, you should have legal representation on your side to fight for all compensation you are entitled to in an Indiana personal injury claim. Damages you may able to recover include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Altered quality of life
- Lost earnings
- Lost earning potential
The sooner you contact an Indianapolis attorney, the sooner her she can preserve evidence that can be crucial to building a strong claim. If you don’t hire an attorney from the beginning, you may risk losing out on much-needed compensation.
A Helping Hand After an Indianapolis Pedestrian Accident
When you have complications with your personal injury claim, an Indianapolis personal injury attorney can help you to alleviate some of the stress and anxiety associated with filing a claim. In order to get back on track with your personal injury claim, download a copy of our FREE book, Consumer’s Guide for Injured Victims, and then contact a personal injury attorney at Hensley Legal Group for a no-cost consultation (317) 472-3333.