For some people, having a motorcycle is no more than a means to get from home to work. For those who love to travel, their motorcycles can take them to sites of interest in Evansville and beyond the borders of the Tri-State area. Others just love the thrill of riding their bikes on I-69 or along the scenic Ohio River.
Were you or someone you love injured in an Evansville motorcycle accident? Motorcycle accidents can happen to anyone, anytime. In 2018, nearly 2,000 motorcyclists were involved in collisions, and 112 motorcycle riders died from severe injuries the same year.
Our personal injury law firm, Hensley Legal Group, wants everyone to be safe on Indiana roads.
Even the most skilled motorcycle riders realize that one cannot always predict the behavior of other car drivers, the mechanical performance of their bikes, or road and weather conditions. When it comes to traffic accidents, motorcycle drivers are often the most vulnerable.
If factors outside of your control led to a motorcycle accident, you could qualify to receive significant financial compensation for your losses. Schedule a free consultation at 317-563-7150 today to learn whether you are eligible.
Why Evansville Motorcycle Accidents Might Occur
In 2018, 90 motorcyclists (defined as operators of class A or B motor-driven cycles, motorized bicycles, and motorcycles) had accidents in Vanderburgh County. Five riders lost their lives while 16 experienced incapacitating injuries.
Our Evansville motorcycle accident lawyers help bikers who suffer from accidents caused by another person’s negligence. Some common factors that lead to bike accidents include the following.
Alcohol and drugs
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol could end in a catastrophic accident. To protect drivers, passengers, and pedestrians, Indiana law strictly enforces limits on blood alcohol content (BAC).
State law prohibits drivers under the age of 21 from operating a car with a BAC of 0.02 or higher. Drivers of heavy trucks and other commercial vehicles cannot exceed a BAC of 0.04 while on the job. The legal limit is 0.08 for all other drivers. Motorcycle accidents occur every year when people ignore such safety regulations.
Once someone is injured, life might never be the same. If an intoxicated driver caused serious injuries, an Evansville motorcycle accident lawyer could seek justice from the person who is at fault. Our team of attorneys can help you recover fair damages for your qualifying accident expenses.
Reckless and distracted motorists
One of the most unpredictable elements of a motorcycle ride is the behavior of other drivers. Driver factors resulted in 187,072 vehicle accidents within 2018 alone. Other vehicles commonly can cause motorcycle accidents by:
- Using cell phones
- Following too closely
- Failing to yield right of way
- Changing lanes without signaling or checking for motorcycles
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
- Passing improperly or stopping without warning
- Driving the wrong way on a one way
- Overcorrecting, oversteering, or losing control of vehicles
- Driving while fatigued or distracted
Reckless, negligent, and distracted car drivers should be held accountable for the damage they cause. A personal injury lawsuit can help you get the financial compensation you need to recover and move on with your life.
Your motorcycle should run well. Some even have safety features to protect you from injury during an accident.
Personal protection equipment (PPE), such as a helmet or armored vest, should be free of design or manufacturing defects. If a bike, its parts, or your PPE fails, an Evansville motorcycle accident lawyer can take action to defend your rights.
Pursuing Damages For Devastating Motorcycle Accident Injuries
It may seem as if your whole world has fallen apart after a motorcycle accident, but our personal injury law firm can help you recover your material losses. When someone else is at fault for your bike injury, his or her car insurance company should reimburse you for the incurred expenses, called damages.
You may receive compensation for the following damages:
- Property damage: Cars and trucks can severely damage a motorcycle in an accident, often totaling it. Getting repairs or a replacement after motorcycle accidents can be tricky, but your lawyer can help you handle matters quickly.
- Medical bills: Hospital, rehabilitation, and medication can cost thousands of dollars. When you are in a motorcycle accident, the last thing you need is stress about financial concerns. An attorney can work on getting you the compensation you deserve for your medical bills while you focus on your recovery.
- Lost wages: Motorcycle accidents often interrupt your ability to work, both because of injuries and the loss of your means of transport. When insurance companies delay, a lawyer can take action to get your lost wages as soon as possible.
- Pain and suffering: Being in pain every day takes a toll on your mind and body. You may start to suffer mentally and emotionally after a motorcycle accident injury. A compassionate attorney will make sure that your lawsuit reflects how your pain and suffering affects you.
- Funeral and burial costs: If someone’s negligence leads to a fatal accident, your team of lawyers can pursue financial compensation to provide a dignified funeral for your loved one. You could also receive compensation for the lost financial support.
Our Indiana Law Firm Is Here For Injured Bikers
After a motorcycle accident, you may wonder whether you really need an Evansville attorney on your side. Consider these five reasons why previous clients highly recommend Hensley Legal Group’s team of lawyers:
- Our attorneys can handle each step of preparing your motorcycle accident case. From filing paperwork to negotiating favorable terms with insurance companies, our competent team of lawyers can support you every step of the way. Though most cases settle without getting courts involved, our attorneys can represent you during a trial if necessary.
- We can take your call around the clock. Besides our offices located in Evansville, Indianapolis, and several other cities throughout Indiana, we also keep our toll-free phone line 888-912-0631 and live chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Unless we win compensation for your motorcycle accident, you do not owe us any money. At Hensley Legal Group, there is no retainer or deposit to add to your worries.
- Our diverse practice areas cover your needs. In addition to accidents involving cars and motorcycles, our experienced attorneys can assist you with dog bite injuries, medical malpractice cases, and slip-and-fall accidents. Contact us today to learn whether your Evansville or Indianapolis case qualifies for compensation in one of our practice areas.
- The lawyers of Hensley Legal Group have the strength to make a difference. Our vast resources and decades of experience mean that our lawyers have what it takes to handle your motorcycle accident lawsuit. Find out how an attorney can help you by starting a conversation with a live agent now.
Southern Indiana has a lot to offer Hoosier motorcycle enthusiasts. If an Evansville motorcycle accident leads to trouble, you could feel lost and alone. Insurance companies can make your life miserable, especially when your focus should be on your medical treatment and psychological well-being.
Hiring an attorney from Hensley Legal Group may help bring back to mind what you love about “River City.” We care about those injured in Evansville motorcycle accidents and want to help you.
An Evansville attorney with our firm is ready to defend your rights, or those of your loved ones. All you have to do is call 317-563-7150 to schedule your free motorcycle accident consultation today.