It happens every day in Indiana – a person is severely injured due to the careless or negligent actions of another party. The effects of a serious accident can ripple through their entire family, causing physical and emotional pain along with financial stress. The Clermont personal injury lawyers at Hensley Legal Group empathize with what you’re going through and stand ready to help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
Our law firm has proudly represented the residents of Indiana for over 20 years. Our clients aren’t just another number to us. Rather, we treat them like family. We believe that open and honest communication with our clients is important, and we will promptly answer any questions you have throughout the duration of your case.
If you or a loved one have been injured or killed in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, contact Hensley Legal Group today. We will review your case for free and provide the legal advice that you need to make informed decisions. Call us or fill out the online form to schedule an at-home or virtual visit.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Clermont, IN
According to the CDC, over 24 million people go to the emergency room for accidental injuries every year in the US. Personal injury law allows accident victims to recover compensation if someone else’s wrongful actions caused them harm. The attorneys at our law firm can discuss your case with you and help you determine if you have a solid basis for a personal injury claim.
The following are some of the types of Clermont, IN personal injury cases we handle:
- Car accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous drugs and devices
- Motorcycle accidents
- Social Security Disability
- Nursing home abuse
- Prescription errors
Car Accidents in Clermont, Indiana
Many residents of Clermont enjoy going to Lucas Oil Raceway to watch various racing events. While speed is encouraged on the racetrack, driving over the speed limit in everyday life on Indiana’s roadways leads to severe accidents and injury.
Car accidents happen often on I-74, Route 136, and I-465, which many people use to commute to work each day. The sad reality is that regardless of how safe of a driver you are, you still have to share the roadway with those who are not.
Common causes of car accidents in Clermont include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Driving under the influence
- Drowsy driving
If you have been seriously injured in an Indiana car accident, the personal injury lawyers at our law firm are here to help. We can investigate the cause of your accident, file all necessary paperwork, handle negotiations with the insurance company, and ensure that you get maximum compensation.
Slip-and-Fall Accidents in Clermont, IN
Slip-and-fall accidents can occur in a restaurant, store, park, walking trail, or countless other locations in Clermont, IN. Property owners in Indiana have a legal obligation to keep their properties well-maintained and free from hazards. If you were harmed due to a property owner’s negligence, then they may be financially liable for your injuries.
Dangerous property conditions that could result in slip and fall injuries include:
- Wet floors
- Uneven surfaces
- Poor lighting
- Broken stairs or handrails
- Uncleared ice or snow
- Loose carpeting or mats
You may be surprised at how quickly you hear from the property owner’s insurance company or lawyer after a slip-and-fall accident. The other party’s goal is to minimize the amount that they have to pay out, so you may be pressured to accept a low settlement offer.
When you have a personal injury lawyer on your side, you can be assured that you aren’t being taken advantage of by greedy corporations and insurance companies.
Benefits of Hiring a Clermont Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been injured in a personal injury accident in Clermont, IN, you may be wondering if you should hire a personal injury lawyer or file an insurance claim on your own. While you are not obligated to hire an attorney, there are many benefits to doing so.
Consider some of the ways a personal injury attorney can help you:
- An attorney knows what your claim is worth. Most people don’t know how much their personal injury claim may actually be worth. Our lawyers know that each individual and case are unique. We can calculate the financial and emotional cost of your injury so you can get fair compensation.
- An attorney has knowledge of the legal process. Our lawyers are well versed in Indiana state law and familiar with fighting cases in court. We know what paperwork needs to be filed and what the deadlines are for each type of accident. A single missed or late document could result in the insurance company getting off on a technicality, causing you to miss out on your deserved settlement.
- An attorney knows how to negotiate. The lawyers at Hensley Legal Group are skilled negotiators. We know the techniques insurance companies use to get our clients to accept low payouts. We won’t be intimidated by hardline offers, and we won’t back down until our clients get the compensation they deserve.
- An attorney can help you recover compensation faster. Insurance companies often delay paying out insurance claims. A personal injury lawyer can file a claim on your behalf while you are still recuperating. We know how to push back against f the loopholes insurance companies try to use to postpone the payout of claims.
Speak to a Clermont, IN Personal Injury Lawyer Today
One of the biggest mistakes you can make after being injured in an accident is to wait too long to speak to a personal injury attorney. It’s much better for your claim to leave all negotiations in the hands of an experienced injury lawyer.
Insurance adjusters can take a simple statement from you and turn it into an admission of fault. The experienced attorneys at Hensley Legal Group can protect your claim and provide you with skilled legal representation throughout each step of the proceedings.
Our law firm takes every case on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing out of pocket – if we don’t win, you don’t pay any lawyer’s fees and there is no cost whatsoever.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Clermont, Indiana, due to the negligent actions of someone else, don’t hesitate to contact Hensley Legal Group today. Call us, start a live chat, or fill out the online form to schedule your at-home or virtual visit.